The very first volume of Journal of Limb Lengthening & Reconstruction was issued on November 5, 2015, it was presented during the ILLRS Congress in Miami, Fl (USA).
Journal of Limb Lengthening & Reconstruction, a publication of Association for study & Application of Methods of Ilizarov (ASAMI-BR) & International Limb Lengthening & Reconstruction Society (ILLRS - Bone Reconstruction), is a peer-reviewed online journal with Quarterly print on demand compilation of issues published. The journal’s full text is available online at http://www.jlimblengthrecon.org .
The journal will cover technical and clinical studies related to health, ethical and social issues in field of limb lengthening deformity correction, treatment of nonunions, bone gaps, infections, post tumor reconstruction, congenital limb anomalies. Articles with clinical interest and implications will be given preference.
In the first volume the following articles can be found:
- Dror Paley «Limb lengthening and reconstruction: A new subspecialty of orthopedic surgery?»
- Milind M Chaudhary, Saurabh Jain, Vigneshwaran Pragadeeswaran, Pratik H Lakhani «Infected lower tibial nonunions without bone grafting - Reliable union using the Ilizarov technique»
- Kevin Tetsworth «The luckiest surgeons in the world»
- Nuno Lopes «Use of Ilizarov methodology for complex foot and ankle problems: A personal experience»
- Tsukasa Teramoto «Controversy of high tibial osteotomy»