- During the Forum on orphan diseases on the 1st of March in Moscow the Ilizarov Center was awarded with the “Silver Line” prize. The award was dedicated to those who contributed a lot to advancement of care of patients with rare diseases. Polina Ochirova, a surgeon of the Ilizarov Center shared the experience of our clinic in orthopedic treatment of MPS 4a type patients. Since 2012 in the Kurgan clinic 40 patients with orphan diseases have been treated.
- The book “Ilizarov’s philosophy“ written by Alexander Gubin can be read now in English. It was translated from Russian by Tatiana Malkova, an interpreter of the Informational Analytical Department of the Ilizarov Center. The book in English can be downloaded from the website http://www.ilizarov.ru/images/2019/booka-2.pdf
- For the second time the Ilizarov Center welcomes speakers and guests of the conference “Diagnostic Radiology in Traumatology and Orthopedics”. On the 22nd of March over 100 specialists of radiologic methods of diagnostics in spine pathology, rare systemic diseases of the loco-motor system, oncotherapy, reparative process in fracture management from Russia, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, China gathered in Kurgan to share research and clinical experience.
- The Huaxian Orthopaedic Hospital of Henan Province (China) and Ilizarov Center (Russia) signed an agreement on mutual collaboration in research and educational activity on the 28th of March. At the moment of signing the contract 13 specialists from China were completing training courses on transosseous osteosynthesis by Ilizarov. The Chinese mass media about this cooperation: http://sputniknews.cn/russia_china_relations/201903201027969694/
- A delegation of Uzbekistan headed by the Consul-General Abdusalom Khatamov visited the Ilizarov Center and its Museum of Traumatology and Orthopedics. The delegation learnt the history of world-known method, Ilizarov philosophy that built a scientific foundation for all new orthopedic techniques.
- During the 38th Congress of EPOS (European Paediatric Orthopaedic Society) held on the 3-6th of April in Tel Aviv (Israel) a multicentral study «Combined technique with hydroxyapatite coated intramedullary nails in treatment of anterolateral bowing of congenital pseudarthrosis of tibia» was presented by expert of the Ilizarov Center Dmitry Popkov (Authors: Arnold Popkov, Pierre Lascombes, Mikan Lazovic, Sinisa Ducic, Dmitry Popkov). Materials of the study accumulated the results of collaboration of pediatric specialists from Russia, Switzerland and Serbia. The only partner orthopedic association of the EPOS in Russian Federation is ASAMI Russia.
- The Ilizarov Center received a certificate of prolongation of AOSpine Center status till 2020. This status was attributed to the Kurgan clinic in 2017. During that year two AOSpine Fellow doctors from Austria and Turkey participated in the educational program in the Center, and 5 surgeons from Nigeria in 2018. https://aospine.aofoundation.org
- The Gait Analysis Laboratory of Ilizarov Center is a unique facility of the kind available for pediatric orthopedic diagnostics in Russia. After excursion to the laboratory and a lecture of Prof Dmitry Popkov, a group of pupils decided to participate in a series of diagnostic tests as a control reference group of healthy gait patterns. The teenagers would be able to use the results of their experimental activity in preparing a research project for the school scientific conference.
- The academic chamber choir of the Ilizarov Center became a winner of the Grand-Prix of V International Art Contest “Art. Inspiration. Talent!” in Kazan (Russia). A legendary group of singing doctors with a 40-year-long history performed in the best concert halls of Kurgan, participated in many festivals and choir contests in Yekaterinburg, Omsk, Moscow, Saint-Petersburg, in Kazakhstan and Austria.
- A delegation of Ilizarov spinal surgeons from Kurgan took part in the 8th GLOBAL SPINE CONGRESS (GSC) on the 15-18th of May in Toronto (Canada). This congress with AOSpine endorsement gathered over thousand specialists in spinal pathology. The Ilizarov Center experience in this sphere was presented in free papers of neurosurgeons Oxana Prudnikova, Alexander Gubin, Egor Filatov, Andrey Kobyzev, Serguey Lulin.