- The 2nd International Educational Course on Endoscopic Spinal Surgery of the Lumber spine was successfully held on the 15-16th of January in Lisbon (Portugal) for over 50 specialists from Europe and America. Dr Serguey Lulin, the head of Low-invasive spinal surgery and oncovertebrology unit (Ilizarov Center) shared the experience of endoscopic techniques applied in Kurgan as a speaker and in live surgery.
- Age continuity is one of the major principles of the Ilizarov Clinic, patients can be treated here from the young till senior age. The story of a 19-year-old Paralympic athlete Aivaz Bikmurzin demonstrates it. His first application to the Ilizarov Center was at the age of 11 for the foot deformity treatment as a result of spinabifida, 8 years later despite his adult age, the patient continues his follow up consultations by the same surgeon – Serguey Leonchuk. because of the principle of age continuity of orthopedic care. Aivaz goes in for workout and 5-fold champion of Russia in sledge-hockey.
- ASAMICON 2019 took place in India on the 18-21st of January. The National ASAMI of India advertised a contest of research papers in the frame of the meeting. The winner would be able to participate in Fellowship programs of clinics in Russia, Great Britain, China. Two Indian orthopedists would come to the Ilizarov Center with support of ASAMI India in 2019.
- The 6th Meeting of ASAMI Bangladesh was held on the 6-7th of February with participation of Kurgan delegation, including Dmitry Borzunov, Konstantin Novikov, Nikolay Klushin and Vladimir Shevtsov, the Professors Emeritus of the Ilizarov Center.
- On the 8-9th of February specialists of the Ilizarov Center Valentina Kamysheva, Alexander Gubin and Dmitry Popkov took part in the meeting on Controversies of pediatric reconstruction in Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children (Dallas, USA). The goal of the meeting was to share the experience in management of Blount disease, congenital pseudarthrosis of the tibia, congenital malformation of lower limbs, Pertes disease, etc.
- Kurgan Medical Cluster held a round table on “Ecology of life:medicine, science, innovation” on the 12th of February. Top-scoring students of Medical colleges of Kurgan, Shadrinsk, Yurgamysh and Makushino gathered in the Ilizarov Center for discussion with researches and leading specialist of the field.
- On the 19th of February the completions of the Cup of Director of Healthcare Department of Kurgan Region was started. 7 teams would compete in different sports beginning with volleyball games. The Ilizarov Center team got the silver in this kind of sport and finally became the winners of the Cup after all the competitions.
- Director of the Ilizarov Center Alexander Gubin and the Head of Clinic of bone infection Nikolay Klushin were invited to the 18th International Educational Course and Forum on Deformity Correction and Limb Reconstruction in Shanghai (China) held on the 22-23 of February.
- The 29th of February is a “rare” day that occurs once in four years, that is why the date was chosen as the Rare Disease Day to raise awareness for rare diseases and improve access to treatment and medical representation for individuals with rare diseases and their families. The Ilizarov Clinic of spine pathology and rare diseases organized a meeting of doctors and families involved in treatment of mucopolysaccharidosis. 250 patients were diagnosed with MPS in Russia, 5 of them in the Ural region. Serguey Ryabykh, Polina Ochirova and Dmitry Popkov are Ilizarov surgeons who are included in the expert council on rare diseases in Russia, in the Ilizarov Center 8 MPS patients had already undergone surgical treatment on spine and limbs.